Help fixing separating armrest in 2001 z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattbta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The underside of my driver door armrest is doing the same (2004) and am interested if anyone has a solution. I don't even know how I could clamp that rubber down for an adhesive to cure. And IIRC, they don't make the parts anymore.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The underside of my driver door armrest is doing the same (2004) and am interested if anyone has a solution. I don't even know how I could clamp that rubber down for an adhesive to cure. And IIRC, they don't make the parts anymore.

With luck we will figure something out :) anyone have experience with this?

Jeffro41

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am having the same issue on my 2004 Tahoe on front passenger door.

My idea is to use a high temp adhesive to reattach the armrest. I just need to figure out a way to hold it in place while it cures. Maybe tape???

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having the same issue on my 2004 Tahoe on front passenger door.

My idea is to use a high temp adhesive to reattach the armrest. I just need to figure out a way to hold it in place while it cures. Maybe tape???

High temp adhesive as in hot glue? Or something else? I tried hot glue and tape... the tape wouldnt hold it long enough for hot glue to cure. I thought however i should use bar clamps instead. But really got impression hot glue wasnt strong enough.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well if your going to use glue, use gorilla glue that stuff is true to it's word but be aware it likes to "expand" not in size but as in coverage, use sparingly. it will seep out any hole or crevice and you will need to keep wiping it off until it sets, once it dries it's super tough though it holds it's bond. just an idea to try
and yes you will need to clamp whatever it is until it is fully cured, it's not super tacky at all.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I think small bar clamps would work well, along with some small pieces of wood to help it along. Hot glue won't work well. Once it dries, it gets hard, and it'll look and feel like $hit. You could also try the Goop adhesive. That stuff is amazing!

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the gorilla glue idea. I thought i may need to scrape away a bit of thr foam underneath to make way for a strong bond. I may try this. Thx for the idea... how does it c9mepare to jb weld?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu