Help finding this.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KenpoFish

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Need help finding a part. A few months ago my back glass got shattered. Had it replaced. Procrastinated on remounting the rear wiper unit. Well a couple of weeks ago I decided to do it. When I was cleaning the glass pieces that were still attached to the unit I had a hard time getting the rubber covered cap nut (or whatever it’s called) that goes on the bolt, that I’ve circled in the pic, to unscrew. When I did get it to come off I pretty much had destroyed it. I’ve been searching for the replacement cap nut but I’m not having any luck short buying a new wiper unit which I don’t need cause mine works fine. Any suggestions..?

454FB0F7-1A01-4DDC-899D-4E28714A6FD3.jpeg

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks to me the bolt and rubber mounts have a metal sleeve in the center, basically mounts like a shock absorber mounts.
See if you can get the bolt out, then take the bolt to a good parts store for replacement, you may have to try more than one place. Looks like a RUST issue caused the problem removing.
David g...........:2cents:

OP
OP
KenpoFish

KenpoFish

Reaction score
Pics are not of my rear wiper. Just using them for reference. Might have been better if I had posted both pics at first. Anyhow, I’m needing the capped nut or whatever it’s called that goes on the end of the bolt I circled in original post pic. When mounted that bolt goes through hole in lift glass and engages the capped nut thing that inserts from outside of glass.

Circled is what I need...

6CFAA42C-18F8-4F2E-875D-D47B83535BDA.jpeg

riskoihi

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
from what i can tell. its a grommet or cap and it seams to be that its a all or nothing case. i know when the rear glass broke in mine i went for a whole new wiper assembly. you might luck out at a Pick and Pull. this is from LMC truck and for the most part they have pretty much all ya need their

Screenshot_5.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Butterfly7