HELP: Brake pedal needs to be 3/4 way down to activate brake lights...?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

derekjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed this the other day. Learned the hard way and almost got rear-ended at night. Sure enough, the brake lights are not coming on unless the pedal is basically slammed to the floor. Some quick research suggests that it is more than likely the pedal switch? Does it need to be replaced or can it be adjusted on this particular truck? Any help is greatly appreciated as I do not want to drive it until fixed. Thanks!

jiggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed this the other day. Learned the hard way and almost got rear-ended at night. Sure enough, the brake lights are not coming on unless the pedal is basically slammed to the floor. Some quick research suggests that it is more than likely the pedal switch? Does it need to be replaced or can it be adjusted on this particular truck? Any help is greatly appreciated as I do not want to drive it until fixed. Thanks!

Im not sure how my mechanic did it but he adjusted mine. I had the same issue when i bought my burb. I had to slam on the brakes to get the lights to come on. I bought a new one just in case though lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98