Help... Blower motor or switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scootinz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys yesterday morning I got in my 99 Tahoe and I've got no blower motor. Checked all the fuses and relays and everything looks to be fine. My fan switch has been acting funny and had to screw with it to get it to go to high once in awhile and although it's clicking into all four positions I don't know if it's actually working anymore. Any easy way to test that switch and or the blower motor before I pull the dash apart and start buying parts?

Thanks!

RicanGM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can run power direct from the battery to the blower motor to rule out the motor, and check for continuity at the plug end to see if the switch is working.

OP
OP
Scootinz

Scootinz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you can run power direct from the battery to the blower motor to rule out the motor, and check for continuity at the plug end to see if the switch is working.

LOL...Ironic...It's the sister to yours!

DSC01859.JPG

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
doesn't power up on any speeds? If fuses are good I would guess the motor is the problem as well. like @RicanGM said try to run a constant lead to it to test her out

mtl111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the blower motor work on high speed only and none of the lower settings? If so, its the blower motor resistor. Check the motor out like everyone has said and go from there.
Yeah our Hoe's are all kinda close !
bb225cb5cc90e67cec0d3ab6b5813b4d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

mtl111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
285/70 R18

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

RicanGM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mtl111, did it come with the Z71 decals on the back?

mine just got a Z71 emblem above the Tahoe/Chevrolet emblem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14