Help!! Bad Gas Mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
guys please help im getting really bad gas milage on my tahoe driving habits are the same nothing really changed other than she is not as responsive as she used to be, she is a 2008 rwd tahoe about to hit the 400 thousand k
No problems other than that cleaned the throttle body and just changed my air filter

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check for leaking fuel lines. Does the engine sound the same?

My first car got 6mpg. After a few weeks it got 4mpg then 2mpg. Finally, I could smell and then see the puddle when idling in my driveway. After the new hoses, 18mpg!

OP
OP
mr tahoe

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No fuel leaks, brand new calipers rotors and pads a week ago to be exact. Haven't done a tune up honestly still the same spark plugs since i got it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
No fuel leaks, brand new calipers rotors and pads a week ago to be exact. Haven't done a tune up honestly still the same spark plugs since i got it.
I'd def check the plugs. I bet just changing those will give you some improvement.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is "really bad gas mileage" in your case?

Our '10 started dropping MPG, so I started doing all the usual stuff, plugs, wires, clean the MAF and TB, new air filter, etc. it made incremental improvements, at best.

Our Tahoe seems really sensitive to tire pressure, oh, and my wife's left foot!

While it may not be an issue, you should check your fuel pressure regulator. Never had an issue with the Tahoe, but had a 95 Caprice that ruptured the FPR, TWICE. The car ran okay, but would barely pass emissions, and idled oddly.

Pull the vacuum hose off the FPR and make sure you don't see or smell gas. If the FPR is leaking internally, your mileage will suffer.

OP
OP
mr tahoe

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was happening before the new braking components

OP
OP
mr tahoe

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im gonna start with the spark plugs and see where that takes me any recommendations?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec