HELP! 2008 Tahoe LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KFARROW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an 08 Tahoe with about 175k miles. From time to time, it has issue starting. My outlets will have power, but it won't start. The only thing I've gotta do it pop the hood and touch a skinny black wire going to the battery and I'm able to turn the key over. The wire is NOT loose though When this problem starts happening, I sometimes lose power while driving. The screens and all will go off and come right back on, and it resets the AC to 74degrees. What is going on? My local chevy dealer can't figure it out.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
You have a bad connection somewhere or even a broken/breaking wire. The copper strands can break inside the insulation, too. I would start by replacing the wire that you touch to make it start. Clean and tighten all your battery /alternator connections. Then check /clean the braided ground wire connection at the firewall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons