HELP! 2008 Tahoe intermittently won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you...:D

You already home or you watched a video? It's a bit unsettling, huh?! I don't live in a crime-ridden area and there's always WAY too much traffic congestion for anyone to make any sort of quick getaway pushing a car, so I'm not all that concerned. Although, not having the steering wheel lock is handy when doing brakes so you can turn the wheel all the way each direction without having to turn the key to the "On" position.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know now that i think about it when i put the level in i was able to turn the wheel from under the truck and I know the key wasn't turned or running....not home yet....dammit

Kim Allison Ross

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
:eek:!! Is there any anti-theft device out there that would keep the vehicle from being stolen by this method?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:eek:!! Is there any anti-theft device out there that would keep the vehicle from being stolen by this method?

Park where someone couldn't push it forward and away. Pull up to a curb with trees, a building, etc. where they'd have to back it away before pushing. This would slow them down a lot and draw more attention. These SUVs are EVERYWHERE so they're likely to find an easier target.

As far as devices- remember "The Club"? They're on Amazon for around $20. They have another device that hooks around the steering wheel and brake pedal so it can't be steered or stopped for about $30. Again- not totally theft-proof as they can eventually be sawn through with a hack saw. But it'll really slow them down. If your particular Tahoe is wanted that badly among the 1,000s of others in your area, then you'd already know it's worth paying for full coverage + modifications insurance.

Kim Allison Ross

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well that's annoying! I had that on occasion along with Tahoe dying while driving down the street. The rotor & distributor cap needed replacing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne