Hello what is the biggest engine that i can put in my 2007 chevy Tahoe 4x4. I have a 5.3 flex fuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LaRosasAutomotive

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello what is the biggest engine that i can put in my 2007 chevy Tahoe 4x4. I have a 5.3 flex fuel with AFM deactivation as a feature. i was thinking ????? But not sure.... that it would work with the 2007 computer.. need some help
i was thinking maybe......... L99 6.2 Gen Iv 376 ci Engine 400 hp pt # 19244102

Description: Nearly identical in performance and construction to the Camaro's manual transmission LS3 engine, the L99 engine (equipped in automatic transmission Camaro's) is 400hp with 410ft. lbs. of torque and is equipped with GM's fuel saving Active fuel management (AFM) technology. The L99 crate engine comes fully dressed with the 2010 Camaro oil pan, manifold assembly (including injectors, fuel rails and electronically controlled throttle), ignition coils, exhaust manifolds, balancer, water pump and 14

sfc_jones

Reaction score
buy a pull out, it is cheaper to do. You can us a L92 and I would get rid of the AFM while the engine is still out. Change the cam and lifters and valve springs get it tuned and never look back. With the right tune you ought to see almost 400 at the wheels. Use your oil pan and front accessories. Your ECM will be fine to use as well as your wire harness.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LMM 6.6 Duramax! An L9H, L94, LY6 or L96 would all be drop ins and you can use your original computer but would need the new engines tuned. All of those engines have VVT so you would want to delete that or update your wiring harness and computer to match the donor. The L94 has AFM which of course you'd want to delete.

I wouldn't put a car engine in a truck. They cost too much and are not all that different from the aformentioned engines. The L9H would be my choice after the Duramax.

CobraKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this is one of the biggest thread titles though... :p