Hello-Newbie needs help! 1999 YUKON

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Upintheyukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie from Portland Oregon.

My names Ray and I am the proud owner of a 1999 GMC

I'm glad that I found this forum. What a great resource.

I need help. Yesterday I had a wiring harness get wrapped up in my front driveshaft and it got shredded.

ANYONE RECOGNIZE THIS PART? I could use it's official name to help me search.

Does anyone know of any online resources where I could possible order another one? New or used?

I am attaching a pic. It wiped out my 4WD indicator lights and It feels like it's stuck in 4

low and the brakes are just acting weird. I think ABS was effected.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Ray

FullSizeRender-14.jpg

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Appears to be the transfer case actuator for the 4wd. I feel your pain, I had a gremlin that I was chasing down for codes pointing to my mass air flow sensor and post cat O2 sensor. I only found it when I looked at a schematic and seen both sensors shared a common power supply. Found a blown fuse, replaced it and blew again. Traced it down and front propeller shaft had rubbed thru harness and right into pink wire for them two sensors. Fixed, replaced convoluted wire tubing and tucked up and away. Mine wasn't as extreme as yours but it could have gotten there.

Welcome to the site, Ray.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Ray!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01