Hello From Phenix AZ / Our new 2015 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from GM Trucks forum and didn't find much activity over there, so I figured I'd check this forum out.
This is our first Suburban, although my wife grew up riding in many of them in the 90's.
Our previous family ride was a minivan, so as our family is growing, the suburban not only fits our needs but
I really love it being a truck based, the v8, the nice interior/exteriro
Ours is a 15, LT, 18" wheels, white on black leather with Nav.

Mods so far are the Tahoe PPV deflector which I will write a post about, along with the obligatory assortments of chevrolet accessories mud rubber mat for the second/thrid/cargo. We kept the carpeted ones for the front as I prefer the feel of those on my feet.

I researched a lot this truck and read tos of info about the various issues, buffeting/vibration, etc..
In the end, We test drove many different used examples, all of them ex-rental. IT WAS CRAZY to see how some of them were so beat up, and that the various dealership did not even make any attempt to fix anything, let alone fully detailed them.
We ended finding an example that was used as a rental mostly in L.A, and the funny thing is, I found on the GPS "recent destination" and it was mostly airport to Disney rides!

After careful inspections and various test drives, it felt by far the most clean and straight driving.

1 month later, no issues, although I wouldn't be surprised if some of them appear in the future.

Our previous Chrysler product minivan was GARBAGE, so we hope we can keep this Suburban for much longer than 5 years.

If you read this far, you probably by now need another cut of coffee, or maybe a beer.

so Cheers!

IMG_0352.png

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and nice choice. I still consider AZ my home. My parents and brother still live in Prescott, work in Sedona and I used to live at 40th St. and Camelback quite a few years ago and went to school in Tucson. Cheers!

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami.

Hear you on the rental cars..I rented several 2015 and 2016 Suburbans and Tahoes before buying one..Some were beaten to a pulp and others were like new..All from Enterprise..All ran good and did not find any issues with any of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan