Hello from Chattanooga

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NotBabb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just found this forum a month or two ago and have been lurking so figured I'd post a history of the progress of my truck since I bought it almost 5 years ago.

FB_IMG_1529520627768.jpg
Bought it in November of 2013 after driving a manual 4x4 nissan frontier for a couple years.

It's a 2010 LT 4x4 with the 3.08 rearend.
Had 70k miles and was a corporate car execs used to travel so it was pretty much in mint condition.

FB_IMG_1529520635771.jpg
I can never leave a car factory so within the first week I had the windows tinted, new head unit installed, rain guards and visor, some HIDs, plasti dipped the wheels, and threw on the push bar.

I seriously enjoyed people actually moving the hell out of the passing lane on the highway when I came up behind them thinking I was an undercover cop.

And I would average 22-23mpg on highway trips so I was in love with my tahoe.

FB_IMG_1529520774667.jpg

Then after a year of playing undercover patrol I got tired of it and had the opportunity to buy a set of 20x10 Fuel wheels with 33x12.50 Fuel tires at manufacturers cost.

So a leveling kit and some plastic trimming later I was ready to play outdoor adventurer.

FB_IMG_1529520680532.jpg FB_IMG_1529520665112.jpg

After a long spring and most of the summer of riding around rubbing the hell out of every metal and plastic piece within proximity to the offset wheels I had the itch to go bigger so I bought a 7.5" lift from Rough Country and installed it and plasti dipped my wheels white all 3 days before I left to go on vacation 600miles to Destin.

This was also when I realized I would never have the luxury of just zipping into an automatic car wash ever again.

This is in 2015 at this point and I kept it like this for the winter and spent my time building a GY6 Ruckus for the spring.

To be continued...

OP
OP
NotBabb

NotBabb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Spring of 2016 finally came around and that means car show season and the first one I was actually going to take my Tahoe to with my newly finished ruckus.
FB_IMG_1529523265056.jpg

The night before the show is always hectic and I finally got everything loaded up.

FB_IMG_1529523207087.jpg
FB_IMG_1529520880600.jpg

This was the first year of the Riverside Meet in Chatt. And I had pretty much the only lifted vehicle there since the car scene in Chattanooga is mainly imports. Car talk was rampant and beer was consumed and that was the cleanest the Tahoe was ever again.

FB_IMG_1529523231137.jpg

Few months went by and I wasn't a fan of the Fuel Mud Terrains so I got a good deal on a set of 35x12.50 General grabber AT.

At this point I start worrying about stressing the transmission since it still had the 3.08 gears and would downshift at the sight of a pebble. In came the Yukon 4.56 gears and a Detroit Tru-trac locker to replace the volatile grenade that is the G80 locker.

One wheel speed sensor correction later and I was "happily" getting 14mpg but not having the tranny shift gears like I'm in a fast and the furious movie.

FB_IMG_1529520589907.jpg

During the winter I was taking a welding certification class to have my journeyman electrician welder ticket so I could weld at nukes. So I bought a mig welder for home to play with and I decided I wanted to try and build a bumper. A week later of trying different stuff and this monstrosity was born. A coat of bed liner later and I was happy enough to leave it alone until I got better at...well everything.

This was in the summer of 2016 so there are still a few changes left.

To be continued...

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Justin!!

Nice find on your well maintained Tahoe.. You are doing a excellent job on your Tahoe. Was in Dollywood not long ago. A lot of nice people in Tennessee.

SWSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Nashvegas! I cover Nooga and always looking for an excuse to hang on the evening.
Nice ride, hope to get my Beastieburban down that way soon for some camping and fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
NotBabb

NotBabb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well it's been a few years since I've had the Tahoe. Ended up getting rid of it at the end of 2018.

But I did do some mods to it since the last post I made so I figured I'd share the progress till I got rid of it to finish out the story of it.

Around 2017 I built a different bumper that actually had a skid plate that went all the way to the lower subframe and plasti dipped the wheels and bumpers this army green. Drove it all the way to Illinois for work like this and averaged 17mpg.

FB_IMG_1529521037545[1].jpg

While in Illinois I found a mud bog event that was going on so I figured I'd go spend a Saturday getting hammered and dirty.

FB_IMG_1529520498743[1].jpg

Fun was had beer was consumed and never got stuck once. The cleanup was a absolute pita but was worth it.

And that's where the story pretty much ends. I drove it for another year as a daily before getting rid of it and just down sizing to a lexus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh

Latest posts