Hello all, need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you notice about your ride after the tune?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Shift points are much better. Holds the appropriate gear longer in regular trim and much more so in sport mode. Shifts are much more positive and violent (in a good way) in sport mode. Throttle response is at least 2x as fast as stock. More power from about 2500-3000 rpms through the power band. Speedo is right (tires). AFM is gone. Torque management is reduced in regular mode and gone in sport mode.

Mods are in my sig. Provided them with my mod list and desired changes. They removed 75% of torque management and 100% in torque management in sport mode. Btw, i had them replace tow/haul with sport mode. Basically a different set of transmission settings that are "unlimited" and with acceleration in mind. I tow rarely and its usually something tiny so I wasn't concerned with losing tow/haul mode. I'm tuned for 93 btw.

OP
OP
chilleblanco36

chilleblanco36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting for sure. I'd want to be tuned for 87 mainly. What's the good or bad with e85? Just filled up and noticed the cap says E85 as well. Don't even know if we can get that around here

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting for sure. I'd want to be tuned for 87 mainly. What's the good or bad with e85? Just filled up and noticed the cap says E85 as well. Don't even know if we can get that around here

I've not run e85 personally because it's not cost effective to do so in terms of mileage. I've seen losses of up to 4 mpg mentioned. Here e85 is about 8-10 cents less tha 87, so not worth it there.

BB has stated (I believe) on here that you can get some power from e85 but I can't say that a little power would make me take the drop in mileage.

I believe e85 also brings water with it into the fuels system. Others can chime in.

OP
OP
chilleblanco36

chilleblanco36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard people make good HP with E85 because it's cool, which I guess you can run more timing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons