Hell of a time installing new sway bar links

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
blizz

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You the man sunlit. I put the tires back on and lowered it. Holes lined up and I tightened right up. Thanks again!

LodestarProServe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got to replace my sway bar links - well, ONE side anyhow.
I'm good with WOW and can figure out the geometry easy enough. My biggest question is.... WHAT BRAND and are they OEM? I've heard a few problems with MOOG (I can't imagine they'd screw up but anything's possible) having sleeves either too long or (worse) too short.

I'm looking for solid, no BS parts. I tend to be less-than-kind to trucks so it's gotta be tough. Not over-built rock-crawler tough but perhaps PPV tough?

99 is bone stock suspension. I have no plans to lower or raise it. I just want to to be fixed correctly.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with the Energy Suspension endlink set with red poly bushings

I ran into an issue where who ever installed the last set of endlinks installed them upside down. Instead of monkey'ing around with them...... I grabbed the sawzall and cut them out. It took me maybe 5 minutes to install the new ones.

And another thumbs up on the WOW term

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Front wheels off, jack under the lower control arm at the ball joint area and hold your tongue just right and a friend at the top while you line it all up from the bottom. Make sure the little rubber shoulders, on the bushings, go "in" to the holes and not hang up on the edge of the holes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal