Hell of a time installing new sway bar links

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having a very hard time getting the replacements in. I tried from the bottom up but can't get the socket in to hold it from spinning because it's not lined up properly. Also the UCA is in the way if I try to go top down. There's not much I can play with it because of the sleeve. Any tricks to getting this done? Do I have to have the other side off?

OP
OP
blizz

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just pounded away at it again although I didn't make much progress. I took the other side off and put the new one on however I'm not able to tighten them because the holes don't line up and the bolt is way over against the inside of the lca. I'm going to try a ratchet strap on the sway bar along with jacking the lca up to see if I can get them lined up that way.

OP
OP
blizz

blizz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So once they are on finger tighten as much as I can then put the wheels back on drop it and they should line up?

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
not done them in five years but iirc leave vehicle down and the do removal/install. iirc. i think i drove mine onto ramps i think. but i think you way will work as well. cant put its geometry in my head right now. been hospitalized for 20 days now.

qukon 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i did mine with wheels off but jacked under control arm and i know i still had to use
a rachet tie down to bring sway bar closer to top of control arm.

Harlech

I am a robot.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not done them in five years but iirc leave vehicle down and the do removal/install. iirc. i think i drove mine onto ramps i think. but i think you way will work as well. cant put its geometry in my head right now. been hospitalized for 20 days now.

Yeah, Sunlit is right, do them with weight on the wheels. Should be fairly neutral like that. Might need to do some slight jacking to get the holes to line up but way easier than hanging the suspension on stands.

Sorry to hear you're in the hospital, bud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts