Heavy Duty Bumper Replacements

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Is there a rear bumper replacement that is a direct fit for the OBS (92-99) Tahoe?
Looking at Ranch Hand, Tough Country, Iron Cross, etc...but haven't been able to see any listings for outside of the pick-up trucks. Any help or leads are most welcome.

OP
OP
TigerEyz3

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Just an update....
Looks like the general answer for a purchasable pre-fab rear bumper is "no".
However, I was able to find what I needed/wanted in a custom bumper.

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the bumpers off the pickups would fit the SUVs as well, the frame is the same width and height, just different lengths. Seems like you already found a solution that works for you, but just for future reference.

OP
OP
TigerEyz3

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the bumpers off the pickups would fit the SUVs as well, the frame is the same width and height, just different lengths. Seems like you already found a solution that works for you, but just for future reference.
As you said, bumper itself is likely the same between the trucks and SUVs. However, the frame mounting points are different between the trucks and SUVs. That coupled with exchanged calls and pictures with the bumper companies gives me good reason to say that they are NOT the same. A truck bumper would stick out from the SUV body significantly and look "goofy" (actual quote from a builder that spoke with during my research.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14