Heating/AC all hot or all cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 tahoe with electronic dual climate zone and at the 60 to 89 degree range it is all cold (like its on 60) and at 90 degrees it very hot. There is no in between. I can switch the air from head to feet to defrost and all those work fine, the only problem is there is no intermediate temperature. I talked to a former mechanic who said it could not be the mix door actuator because the air was changing from head to feet to defrost all fine. This is really been bugging me and I cant seem to figure out the problem

z71tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok so let me get this right you can turn it to 60 and 90 and it works but any between it doesnt work if that is correct you will need to replace the climate control mod. because mine when out and i had a similair problem and i replace mine and now it works

OP
OP
T

tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No it blows air at every degree but from 60 degrees to 89 degrees it is all cold air, just as if it were on 60 degrees. When it is on 90 degrees it is hot.

Last edited:

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
mine is doing the exact same thing. ive been told actuator and ive been told blend door. i want this fixed!

ZaC851

Reaction score
my 02 does teh same thing. all cold or all hot. No in between. Its not a problem in the summer since I keep it max cold all the time....during the winter though its annoying since it gets to hot and I cant turn it down.

OP
OP
T

tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the control unit with a working one, but it made no difference in the problem that I am having. I guess my next thing is to check the actuators. If you other guys with the same problems have fixed yours please let me know what worked.

ZaC851

Reaction score
I replaced the control unit with a working one, but it made no difference in the problem that I am having. I guess my next thing is to check the actuators. If you other guys with the same problems have fixed yours please let me know what worked.

let me know if the actuator fixes it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe