Heater not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fan works just fine.

There is no real heat at all. If I have the fan turned off, the air that naturally comes through the vents is warm, but if I even turn the fan on the lowest setting, it blows out what little hot air there is, then it is cold.
Hows your coolant level?

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hows your coolant level?
Coolant is fine.

Seems like it could be the blend door/blend door actuator.

It is just odd to me that hot air does come out if the fan is not turned on...There is just a limited amount of hot air

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the truck to operating temperature and compare the heat of the heater core hoses at the bulkhead before they go into the cabin. If one hose is a great deal hotter than the other then you have a restricted heater core and the hot coolant isn’t circulating enough. Therefor, when you turn the fans on it immediately blows whatever warmth the heater core had out and makes it cool.

It’s either that or the temperature blend door. But if you have no clicking from the dash and you can hear a noticeable change of air flow when you switch the control from cold to hot then it’s probably not going to be that actuator.

Do you have manual or auto dual zone climate control?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get the truck to operating temperature and compare the heat of the heater core hoses at the bulkhead before they go into the cabin. If one hose is a great deal hotter than the other then you have a restricted heater core and the hot coolant isn’t circulating enough. Therefor, when you turn the fans on it immediately blows whatever warmth the heater core had out and makes it cool.

It’s either that or the temperature blend door. But if you have no clicking from the dash and you can hear a noticeable change of air flow then it’s probably not going to be that actuator.
Where ya been man?? Love that truck of yours....

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It’s either that or the temperature blend door. But if you have no clicking from the dash and you can hear a noticeable change of air flow when you switch the control from cold to hot then it’s probably not going to be that actuator.

I will have to do that.

I have auto climate control. When I have it on auto and all the way hot, the fan blows wide open, just cold air.

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will have to do that.

I have auto climate control. When I have it on auto and all the way hot, the fan blows wide open, just cold air.
The fan blows wide open because it's freezing in my truck and it thinks it is blowing out hot air, but it isn't.

Just wanted to clarify that my heater controls are working...

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where ya been man?? Love that truck of yours....

Been ridiculously busy the past couple months. Haven’t had much time of any to do anything to the hoe to share. But still try to check in here and there to see how y’all are holding up. And I appreciate it brother!

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score

One hose is a bit hotter than the other. You think I can disconnect the hoses and backwash to clear it out?

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which line going to the heater core would be the "supply"?

The line closest to the engine was cooler than the other one. From what I have read online, the one closest to the engine is the supply. Shouldn't it be the warmer of the two?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu