Heater not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thejoshw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2000 gmc yukon, and replaced the actuator on the passenger side. Now the rear vents work great, but I am not getting any heat at all in the front. I would appreciate any help!

Thanks!

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever find out what was happening?

My 01 Tahoe is doing the same thing. Rear heat works great, but no heat in the front.

Actually, if I have the temp turned all the way to the hottest setting, but do not have the fan turned on, you can feel a little bit of heat coming from the vents, but as soon as I turn the fan on, it is like there is only a small amount of heat to be had. After a second, the air gets cold...

Last edited:

1999hoe

aka HOVERHOE
Reaction score
I found this thru a simple search on another site .....

had the same problem on my 2001 Chevy Tahoe, the rear heat worked fine and the front heat was barely warm. One mechanic said I needed a new heater core for $1500, but I took it to another and asked them to reverse flush the coolant system (under $200). This worked great and the front heat is back to working again.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ever find out what was happening?

My 01 Tahoe is doing the same thing. Rear heat works great, but no heat in the front.

Actually, if I have the temp turned all the way to the hottest setting, but do not have the fan turned on, you can feel a little bit of heat coming from the vents, but as soon as I turn the fan on, it is like there is only a small amount of heat to be had. After a second, the air gets cold...
It sounds like the blend door actuator. I've never replaced mine but you can do a search on it. Edit: I'm not sure if it's the blend door or a different actuator that controls that part of the heating.

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the blend door actuator. I've never replaced mine but you can do a search on it. Edit: I'm not sure if it's the blend door or a different actuator that controls that part of the heating.

I will look into that.

Thanks!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This^^^blend door. Fan works right? Lower the temp a little and see if that works or slowly go from cold to warm, stop before completely on hot and see where that gets you

David Smith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This^^^blend door. Fan works right? Lower the temp a little and see if that works or slowly go from cold to warm, stop before completely on hot and see where that gets you

Fan works just fine.

There is no real heat at all. If I have the fan turned off, the air that naturally comes through the vents is warm, but if I even turn the fan on the lowest setting, it blows out what little hot air there is, then it is cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT

Latest posts