Heated Mirror Assembly Replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll get what you pay for. $65 for 2 complete mirrors is dirt cheap so I'd be afraid of those. You can get a used OEM one on EBay. If it's just the glass you can buy just that part, new. What's "wonky" mean?

OP
OP
D

Dusty_GMT800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wonky-it jiggles around like it's a little loose, previous owner probably got it knocked off at one point and just pushed it back on hoping for the best
Edit- it's the whole unit, not just the glass

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wonky-it jiggles around like it's a little loose, previous owner probably got it knocked off at one point and just pushed it back on hoping for the best
Edit- it's the whole unit, not just the glass
You should pull the door panel and see what's up. It might just be missing screws. The door panel is easy to pull.

OP
OP
D

Dusty_GMT800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not jiggling from where the mirror meets the door, it's from where the mirror housing sits on the plastic, if that makes sense.
Do you know where I'd find the right OEM replacement? Truck has heated and power mirrors

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not jiggling from where the mirror meets the door, it's from where the mirror housing sits on the plastic, if that makes sense.
Do you know where I'd find the right OEM replacement? Truck has heated and power mirrors
I would look on EBay and buy s used one. You should be able to get the part # from an online GM store like www.gmpartsgiant.com or maybe Rockauto.

OP
OP
D

Dusty_GMT800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the mirrors are 250 bucks apiece from GM, 2 mirrors will cost 20% of what I paid for the thing. Guess the junkyard may be my other option

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the mirrors are 250 bucks apiece from GM, 2 mirrors will cost 20% of what I paid for the thing. Guess the junkyard may be my other option
Take that part number you got and go to EBay. You'll find used ones there too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011