Heated driver seat, bad switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 'new to me' 2003 Yukon XL denali. My driver seat the heater has an issue... When I first touch the button it may turn on for a split second, but goes out and then will not restart until next time it sits for a while. My gut would say bad heater in the seat, but it happens on both the bottom and back heaters... either switch will light for a second, then not any more. It may stay on long enough to choose low, med, or hi, but then goes out and no amount of button pushing or key on/off will make it come back on.
I intend to replace the wore bottom seat leather, and would replace the heater at that time IF I thought that was the problem, but I am now thinking more that it is a switch problem...
Any clue?

OP
OP
malmed

malmed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This video explains that if the seat or back or both heaters are bad, the switch will do as I was describing, stay on a very short time and go out.... so likely not the switch, but the heater or heaters. I figure I can ohm test them rather than buy new ones until I am sure what I need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons