Heated cup holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so I know this was covered a long time ago but I had a few questions.
I want to take the heated/cooled cup holders from an 05 escalade and put them in my 05 Tahoe. The wiring isn't really an issue but
1. Will the console piece even fit into my console?
2. What model escalade had the heated/cooled cup holders?
3. Do they work well enough for this to be worth it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. It's the whole thing so you'd basically need the entire esky console unless you want to take them apart and really combine the two

2. Escalade premium

3. Nope. I did the upgrade in my 03 esky and pretty much never used it. You can't use insulated cups, there's only certain cups that will fit it. (when they came out GM said you had to use the cups they sold). It just wasn't real practical. It did keep cups cool, but not cold. And it did keep cups warm, but not hot. If you do it, you're really just doing it to say you did it, and not really for function

OP
OP
05Zsvntyfun

05Zsvntyfun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. It's the whole thing so you'd basically need the entire esky console unless you want to take them apart and really combine the two

2. Escalade premium

3. Nope. I did the upgrade in my 03 esky and pretty much never used it. You can't use insulated cups, there's only certain cups that will fit it. (when they came out GM said you had to use the cups they sold). It just wasn't real practical. It did keep cups cool, but not cold. And it did keep cups warm, but not hot. If you do it, you're really just doing it to say you did it, and not really for function
I think this is the most appropriate thing I've read involving this procedure. I didn't think it would be really worth it. But you said you have an escalade. Do you have the heated/cooled seats? Or just heated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my Escalade I was going back and forth between a '12 white tri-coat Platinum and a black '12 Premium and the salesman was really pushing the Platinum because of the headrest DVD players and he wouldn't stop talking about the heated/cooled cupholders. I asked him if it would keep a cup of coffee from Dunkin Donuts warm and he said "Sure!! As long as you don't have it in the styrofoam cup!" I ended up going with the black Premium because I couldn't see why I'd ever need or use a heated or cooled cup holder and ultimately because I didn't want to deal with the tri-coat paint issues.

It's a nice gimmick but I don't see how they're really that functional.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always make your own setup using solid state devices using the peltier effect.
https://www.adafruit.com/product/1335
https://www.adafruit.com/product/1330

I first learned of this technology back in 2002 or so. I used it for cooling electronics in an outside nema 3r box that would get warmed up by their own heat dissipation then when the sun add its heat the electronics would go nutso. The solid state cooler worked great.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
I did it to mine. There is only a small strip that gets hot/cold. It works ok enough. I don't use it that often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt