Heated / Cooled Seat Wiring / Airbag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for heated leather seats for my SSV. 90% of the use for this vehicle is towing snowmobiles, sits more than it should in the summer. Instead I find a set of heated/cooled ones for half the price of anything else.

Sounds like fun... :)

The cooling system is self contained peltier / thermoelectic deal, not tied to AC or vents. Heat works off the same setup.

First concern is that these don't heat up as well as good old fashioned heating element.
Does anyone have experience or opinions on the heat part of a heated/cooled seats?

I'm not really concerned about the wiring. I would not worry about the factory switches, I have no problems adding a couple of toggles to the console. I would kind of rather wire it my own way anyways, get it to kick on with the remote start. Plenty of extra power wires to work with a cop Tahoe.

But what about the air bag? I read a few threads about air bag warnings or the need to have the BCM tweaked.

And the other part, anyone have a wiring diagram to make this a little easier?
There is a lot to play with right off the bat.

SeatWires.jpg

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 13 LTZ gets plenty hot. I cant compare heat up time to anything but after a good 5 minutes they are hot. The cooling portion takes a little longer and isnt as much of a temp delta, but it really works.
I wish it would function with the remote start though, or memory function.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne