Heads up display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
so I saw this heads up display at local audio shop. They wanted $150 for it
So I naturally went online and shopped around. The unit is called A8 and found it on Amazon for under $50 bucks.
Pretty cool. After a few adjustments it's seems to be accurate. Display is bright and auto dims. Few other features that I don't really care for but at least I don't have to look down anymore.
It plugs into your dlc.
It can display speed, tach, (battery volt, eng temp, miles). One of the 3 at one time. Has a fuel consumption but it's measured in liter per hour or km. Alerts for speed, or can be set to remind you to take a break.
After using a existing credit, picked it up for 18 bucks.

IMG_8196.JPG

IMG_8197.JPG

IMG_8199.JPG

IMG_8200.JPG

IMG_8201.JPG

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
It's a lot clearer than the pics. The angle of trying to take a pic made it look like that

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta cut the dash and flush mount that bad boy.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
If I wanted to get it Idk where it would plug in tho, I don't have the dic.
Plugs into where you plug a scanner into to pull dtcs. All obd2 cars have them unless its 95 or older.
Gotta cut the dash and flush mount that bad boy.
True dat maybe I'll wait until the cracking dash gets big enough where I can just slide it in without needed modifications

63Blackseries

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks cool, a flush mount retrofit would be awesome. did you have to apply any reflective tint for the display to be shown?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Looks cool, a flush mount retrofit would be awesome. did you have to apply any reflective tint for the display to be shown?
Good question. I remember GM cars of the 90's, not sure about the vettes, but Grand Prix's specificly had that special reflective tape on the windshield to show their heads up display. Was pretty sweet back then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep