Heads Up Display (HUD)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik Anderson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all newbie to the forum...I am wanting to put factory HUD into my 15 Tahoe LTZ has everything but that...I can get all factory parts...my question is...is the wiring in place already? If not where would I find the harness and where it gets plugged in?
Thanks all!!

undertaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure with these trucks, but in C5 corvettes, you needed an instrument cluster that supported it, the HUD unit, and a wiring harness between the two. As well as a new dash pad or you could cut out the section for the HUD unit and drop it in.

rgctech

Reaction score
I had my dash apart the other day while installing some tweeters and noticed a square cut out with an un-utilized plug. Maybe it can be plug in play if you just purchase the unit? Does anybody know what that plug is for? It tucks in a cut out not plugged into anything. (15 Suburban LS)

IMG_8768.JPG

OP
OP
E

Erik Anderson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys...well I will take dash apart to see if the un utilized plug is in mine!! Just wish there was wiring harness exploded views of this stuff. Anyway thanks for the replies I will post my progress if I have any!!

junior1790

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are we thinking it'd just be a plug and play option? No controls anywhere to turn it on or off? That's all I'm missing in my '15 ltz also and would love to add only if it looks factory installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LGSONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So dumb question, what shows up on HUD, on my LT it has the collision avoidance flashing red lights but that is it. Does the part above provide more info?

LGSONE

junior1790

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So dumb question, what shows up on HUD, on my LT it has the collision avoidance flashing red lights but that is it. Does the part above provide more info?

LGSONE
Yes it shows gps directions and a few other pcs of info I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evanescent03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I remember there being a toggle by your left knee to adjust the projection up/down for different height drivers.

I saw that it looks like our Denali has the dash cutout for the HUD also. After having it in one of my other cars I do really appreciate it and miss it in our truck.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hud shows speed, compass direction, navigation turns, speed limit,

At left side there is a set of 3 toggle switches for dimmer
Up/down and info to be displayed

I think it's a little annoying but I do like the reconfigurable cluster on the 16 tahoes.