Headlights wont shut off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Well i have been having a problem with the headlights and over ride of the dome lights.They shut off when they feel like it and i was sure it was the switch.Well i am finally right replaced it with a factory oem and everything is back to normal-now when i hit the button for the dome it shuts off and headlights cancel when you turn it to the left-easy 10 minute replacement- is this a common problem??

geneva august 8th water temp 74.9 048.JPG geneva august 8th water temp 74.9 050.JPG

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great find/fix!
It's some what common. The fingers of the switch... ride along these tracks.
In most cases the tracks and/or dome light switch contacts will build corrosion. That corrosion will eventually lead to unwanted/intermediate activation or result in a failure.

If you still have the old switch, there are four small screws to remove to take off the back plate. If you're curious you can take it apart and see if that's what caused your issue.

image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: