Headlights fogged? Cheap alternative

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I've seen some guys rub trans fluid on theirs. I'm not saying it's right, but I've seen it. Depending how bad the lights are--like the older Jeep Cherokees get--I use sand paper, coursest to 1200, then buff with 3M plastic polish then coat with a 2 step uv/clear. I've been doing them for 6 years, and I give a 1 yr guarantee against yellowing, and I've never had anyone call me back.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about the inside of the lenses? If it is yellowed on the inside your are pretty much screwed right? That's my situation. :/

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_0102[1].JPG

Doesn;t really show up too well in this pic but the I had the outside of the headlights polished and the haze is on the inside now.

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
That is strange. The only thing I can think of that would cause that would be condensation due to a sealing issue, or perhaps too powerful wattage of a hid that melted or discolored from the inside. Other than that did you try turning off and turning your headlights on again?:crazy:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is strange. The only thing I can think of that would cause that would be condensation due to a sealing issue, or perhaps too powerful wattage of a hid that melted or discolored from the inside. Other than that did you try turning off and turning your headlights on again?:crazy:
LOL I have no idea I had this truck for 6 months it's got over 300K on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low