Headlights fogged? Cheap alternative

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
here’s a little demonstration on how to clear up your foggy headlights for about $5 bucks. Grab some Off bug spray. I renamed it and spray it at the other guys in the shop when they ask to borrow something repeatedly. Also for infringement rights? Lol

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is that actually taking some plastic material off on the rag or it is just making it look less yellow like wd40 would?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just use maguire's plastic x and the buffing cone i use for rims. its taken the plastic from a total hazed out yellowed cant even see through it and brought them back. for a light haze i just use a rag.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your headlights are just a little yellowed, I use the 8oz bottle of '3M Headlight Renewal'... Costs less than 3 bucks & the Meguiar's Plastic X is simular. ( also good for your tail light lens )

If it's worse than that, the Mother's Headlight system works great.
Coatings don't last long.... just a band aid.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I have buddy that paints so we just sand the lights and clear them again.

This ^^^^^^^ is what I do as well...

A little 1500 grit wet/dry sand paper,
a spray bottle with water and a little dish soap, and some good 2K clear coat and they are like new for 5+ years.

Wet sand until the yellow stops coming off, allow to dry and wipe down with rubbing alcohol... allow to dry and then spray a few light coats of clear and let it cure.

Good to go.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I work at a dealership and have access to these methods too. Not everyone has the confidence to take sandpaper to their lights. Just showing an alternate method that works but can’t explain the sorcery involved in it.