Headlight switch or combo switch issue..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KenpoFish

Reaction score
Need help troubleshooting. I have DRL's but when I switch the lights to on I have no headlights except when when I pull the combo switch handle back and hold it....high beams come on until I release the handle.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The springs are weak inside the switch......I've disassembled mine and modified it to work. But its beging to show that was a temporary fix.

Simple answer, time for a new switch

bde269

Full Access Member
Reaction score
better you then me i would be in trouble that would suck i know its plug and play but im no good at body part removal i was workn on my blend doors and was **** this its all going to break when i was looking at the one behind the ac/ radio area lucky it was working

OP
OP
KenpoFish

KenpoFish

Reaction score
When I first got Sparky, the name my 5yr old grandson gave it, the main knob was broken off so I boneyard grabbed another one but apparently it has gone kaput on me. So looks like I'll be purchasing another one. Probably from Autozone so I can return it if it fails.

OP
OP
KenpoFish

KenpoFish

Reaction score
Follow up:

Eventually lost high beams. So now I just have DRLs when I turn headlight switch to parking lights. Turning switch to on position I have no headlights, not even when I try high beams now. Went to pull yard and got new switch but had same results.

So now do I look at replacing the combo/multifunction switch on the steering column..?

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing. New multifunction switch did the trick.

71475f8fbeb385165a90e06fae50cd16.jpg

This is the one that I got, made by APDTY. I wouldn't get it again. The lever is clunky compared to the original, and the intermittent wiper function is backwards. When you first turn it to an intermittent position, it doesn't immediately activate the wipers. Instead, it waits for the delay interval to pass and then starts. It's annoying.

In other words, you probably get what you pay for. I'd spring for a Delco part if you can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345