Headlight Adjuster assistance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Breadman03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My son just got a 2005 XL and the headlight adjusters are shot. All of them Where can I find the proper parts? GM doesn’t carry them all from what I can tell and I’d like to avoid exchanging parts repeatedly trying to find the proper ones. It wouldn’t be too bad if the lights were aimed anywhere near properly, but they’re aimed like a drunk raccoon aimed them.

Thank you for any assistance.

Donal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My son just got a 2005 XL and the headlight adjusters are shot. All of them Where can I find the proper parts? GM doesn’t carry them all from what I can tell and I’d like to avoid exchanging parts repeatedly trying to find the proper ones. It wouldn’t be too bad if the lights were aimed anywhere near properly, but they’re aimed like a drunk raccoon aimed them.

Dorman lists several components for the vehicle. Check there. If you cannot find what you need, maybe post a photograph of the parts you need. Some racconns are ambidexerious and have trouble performing basic tasks.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score

you can get some from the junkyard from any headlight for 00-06 pickups or suvs, the adjusters are all the same and the can be removed and replaced easily

the oem adjusters are usually just fine, but the aftermarket ones used on a aftermarket headlights are complete garbage usually just plastic inside but the oem ones have a metal sleeve., usually even if you have aftermarket lights you can swap oem adjusters in to replace them.

OP
OP
B

Breadman03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They're basically like these (screenshot from YouTube), but with Torx drive. I've seen a few that appear somewhat similar, but will look again. Thanks for the assists so far.

IMG_6666.png

OP
OP
B

Breadman03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you have to pull the headlight out to replace the adjusters, those 2 L pins just twist open pull up and out
Thanks. We’re going to try the scrapyard again soon. Last week, they were all rusted to junk.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. We’re going to try the scrapyard again soon. Last week, they were all rusted to junk.
ya any adjuster from a 00-06 tahoe, yukon, suburban, sierra, silverado, avalanche will fit and work
the yukon/denali have a different headlight shape but the adjuster will fit, not sure on the escalades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts