Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomboom baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I install longtube headers with y pipe which o2sensor do I have to delete and how do I delete them my headers came with the y pipe if I don't delete them will the check engine light just be on

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to delete the down stream 02 sensors for bank 1 sensor 2 and bank 2 sensor 2. You need to keep the other ones in thier location. Once removed you have to set the fail parameters for the mil that way it doesn't show a check engine light

OP
OP
boomboom baker

boomboom baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to delete the down stream 02 sensors for bank 1 sensor 2 and bank 2 sensor 2. You need to keep the other ones in thier location. Once removed you have to set the fail parameters for the mil that way it doesn't show a check engine light
Can it be done with a tuner or do I need to get a shop to do it

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some handheld tuners have that capability some dont. Hptuners can and so can efi live. They cost about 500 but they are well worth it!!! I prefer hptuners over efi, only because the software interface is a lot nicer. You can find a used one for around 300+. But keep in mind you have to buy credits for it if they are all used up. For 1999-2012 I think it cost 50 dollars to license the ECM and 50 dollars to license the transmission controller. After 2012 I think they started charging more for the gm Ford and dodge vehicles. If you have any of the newere years it's costs 100 bucks for each module.

If you buy it brand new it comes with 8 credits.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your Y-pipe has cats then you probably don't need to delete them but if they don't you'll have to get someone to tune the downstream ones out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons