Headers for my tahoe limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

La_limitada

Reaction score
Looking to get some headers for the 350 vortec what do you guys recommend ?

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Like retorq said, most any header will be an improvement over the stock manifolds, which are very restrictive.

However, getting the one that will be best for your needs will depend on what you use your vehicle for and how much additional work you're willing to do.
  • Shorties are typically drop-in replacements - minimal work.
  • Long tubes (LT) are at the other extreme and require considerable work to get to work, and depending on where you live are not street legal (due to moving the converters back in the exhaust stream).
  • I personally have the Thorley Tri-Ys (mid-length headers) because I wanted to maximize my low to mid-range torque/hp. I don't race or mud my truck so my RPMs stay relatively low (street driving and towing) compared to the red-line enthusiasts.

ge0rgin0

Reaction score
I'm lookin for the header type that i can use for when driving regular and when I need to punch it

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
I'm lookin for the header type that i can use for when driving regular and when I need to punch it
Either option will handle that request better than the factory manifolds. The shorties and mid-lengths will be easier to install than the LTs. Given the typical RPM range of our trucks (off-idle to 4000...non-drag racing/mudding), you'll probably get more practical use from the shorty/mid-length headers. Just my $0.02.

My99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the entire exhaust system starting with Gibson ceramic shorties and Magnaflow downstream. I wanted a plug and play and since I was replacing the motor mounts, this seemed like an ideal time to dig in. Everything has been a fantastic upgrade and the sound is really mild in the cockpit. A bit extra sound when you are really on the throttle for brief periods but not a deal killer. Here is the write up.

Project 99 Yukon

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts