HDMI port problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lindsey1014

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Suburban LT with a HDMI port, when I plug in firestick the screen turns green and then black(and actually fried the firestick because it did not work when I plugged it back in my home TV). I have also tried with my ROKU to no avail. Do you think something could be wrong with the port in the car or am I doing something wrong?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
presuming it is under warranty I would report the issue to the dealer and have them check it out

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Suburban LT with a HDMI port, when I plug in firestick the screen turns green and then black(and actually fried the firestick because it did not work when I plugged it back in my home TV). I have also tried with my ROKU to no avail. Do you think something could be wrong with the port in the car or am I doing something wrong?

Don’t use the USB and the HDMI at the same time. Plug the fire stick into the 12volt socket with a USB adapter or into the 120V outlet.
Had a similar issue with an Apple TV I hooked up in someone’s truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018