HD Hood Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jlaughtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did anybody pay for paint? My guy wants 650 installed. Feels a little high. I asked about saving on the install and he said the install doesn't really cost anything, and this way he can buff it with the fenders. I've seen his work, it's awesome and I trust him, but $650?! Thoughts?

My guy in Memphis who is a family friend I’ve known for years is hitting me with $400 for the whole hood. That’s for top and bottom sides. But that’s just prep and paint. Not any body fixing if I find a used one if needed

Jlaughtr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When mounting the HD hood on your tahoe, How are you mounting it? With the 3 bolts into the hood with your existing tahoe hood bracket or using the HD hood bracket and mounting it to the hinge with the 2 bolts??

hood bracket 2.jpg Hood bracket.jpg

4WDTRK

sleeps in garage
Reaction score
May have found one in my area. Same color, but from a service truck so it's seen some miles. Don't see any dents, but I'm sure there will be some chips and scratches so I'd be looking to paint. He's firm on $450 which sounds really high to me. What's about the top end price for one?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
May have found one in my area. Same color, but from a service truck so it's seen some miles. Don't see any dents, but I'm sure there will be some chips and scratches so I'd be looking to paint. He's firm on $450 which sounds really high to me. What's about the top end price for one?
That's pretty damn high. I'd think, top end would be around $300, and that's pushing it imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep