HD Hood Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
What did anybody pay for paint? My guy wants 650 installed. Feels a little high. I asked about saving on the install and he said the install doesn't really cost anything, and this way he can buff it with the fenders. I've seen his work, it's awesome and I trust him, but $650?! Thoughts?
Expensive to me.
$650 just for paint and install? Or including the hood? Including the hood, that's not bad. Paint should be $200 ish if there's NOTHING he has to do except scuff and spray. Then 1 hour install time so $300-$350 would be what I would expect from a shop.
That's where it should be. I paid somewhere around there.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was quoted $750 to take out like 5 hail dents, paint the hood and the front bumper.
I think i am going to finally get it done this spring. I have had the hood on since last fall.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
$650 just for paint and install? Or including the hood? Including the hood, that's not bad. Paint should be $200 ish if there's NOTHING he has to do except scuff and spray. Then 1 hour install time so $300-$350 would be what I would expect from a shop.

Expensive to me.

That's where it should be. I paid somewhere around there.

I paid 400 for paint on mine.

little high, but still in the ballpark... $650 though...

For $650.......that shit better be clean.....

i was quoted $750 to take out like 5 hail dents, paint the hood and the front bumper.
I think i am going to finally get it done this spring. I have had the hood on since last fall.

That's what I was thinking. I expected to hear $300-400. I have 2 other places I have used J in the past that I will check with. A shame though, cuz this guy is my favorite (and, frankly, the best) too ... Thanks all.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the vette servo last fall. Get yourself a 18" long piece of hardwood as a lever. Its easy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore