HD Conversion anyone?helpp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
So i met this kid in town who owns an 04 Hoe and hes got it pretty well set up and i notticed he has a hd grill from an 00-02 'Rado....

i like the look of the blacked out grill and single chrome bar..looks fresh...And I WANT IT...
all i want to know if anyone has Done it and what would i need to do for the conversion... im guessing all i would need is the grill and top bumper cap am i right???

Attachments

• grille.jpg
    grille.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:

ghost

Reaction score
i believe 1lowhoe04 has that front clip on his...

Attachments

• 1lowhoe04.jpg
    1lowhoe04.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 219

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you will need an 00-02 Silverado HD hood grill bumper, grill, and the bumper brackets.. the HD bumpers hang lower than the non HD.. 1lowhoe04 has a write up somewhere...

OP
OP
01HDtahoeNJN

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score
is the hd hood really necessary? it looks like the same alignment as stock hood...i knew there had to be more bumper wise...thanks guys!

i completely forgot his id name

Reaction score
hey 01, ive got a 2500HD clip on mine. includes the grille, hood, and upper bumper plastic piece. check out my pics to see. i did not get the bumper brackets, instead i took it to a buddies shop and had him cut and weld my brackets a couple inches lower. and its solid and looks tough too!

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey 01, ive got a 2500HD clip on mine. includes the grille, hood, and upper bumper plastic piece. check out my pics to see. i did not get the bumper brackets, instead i took it to a buddies shop and had him cut and weld my brackets a couple inches lower. and its solid and looks tough too!

Ill say it first.

:pics-stfu:

:)

OP
OP
01HDtahoeNJN

01HDtahoeNJN

Shredding Gnar Daily
Reaction score

All together how much did it run you?

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate Via Verizon 3G.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you dont need the bumper or the hood. the grill can be modified to fit your tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts