Have developed a rough idle. Cause/Fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear that it helped. Wonder if the aftermarket CAI was not providing enough filtration.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I JUST sprayed mine down at lunchtime today. The brief ride back to the office suggested that the idle is better. I'll keep an eye on things and see if this did the trick. Thanks, folks!

So you sprayed this on the stock intake? What kind did you get? GF says esky might be developing a rough idle and I want to try this myself.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear that it helped. Wonder if the aftermarket CAI was not providing enough filtration.

I'm pretty sure that the rough idle began AFTER the CAI was off the truck. So, that's a bit of a concern (that it doesn't seem due to anything aftermarket).

The rough idle is not completely gone, btw -- just better, I think. We'll see...

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, I have the same issue. I also put a CAI (AEM) on the Yukon. I have cleaned to MAF, throttle body, put injector/engine cleaner, changed plugs. It still idles weird.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My last two fill ups were with 89 instead of 87. That seems to have helped a little... I think. Not sure what's really causing this problem at this point.

TahoeLTZ2007

Reaction score
My 2 cents, maybe it's your wires after you changed plugs,one may be causing a bad connection.

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has a very small shudder/stumble in the mornings, I notice it when I'm sitting at the light to get on the interstate on the way to work. I've been just shrugging it off to it being cold, because by the time I get off the interstate 6 miles later and hit the next light it is gone.

Faceplant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My brother in law has the same issue with his 07 Tahoe. This is not an isolated issue, and I do not think it has to do with any mods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN