Have an '08? Replaced TPMS sensor(s)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contact a GM dealer for part numbers?

GMpartsdirect.com. ?

Do not rely on Amazon for hard-to-identify parts and part numbers. Amazon does not list or vet the listings. The sellers do, and the sellers are not necessarily diligent in making sure their references cross-match. I know this from having Amazon as a customer.

Keep us posted.

Doubts with Amazon's and other third party seller's databases and GMpartsdirect having multiple part numbers is why I'm here. I'll call or stop by the dealer. I NEVER consider the dealer. lol I have some other questions that they may be able to help me with while I'm there...

PWMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long have you had them?

I bought the wheels and tires 2 weeks ago but just matched them today. 4wheelparts mounted them and inflated to 50psi. I found if psi is over 45 it displays the warning so i reduced them.

Ciro

Reaction score
My front left sensor is also going bad. Did you buy the part number 13598771? Apparently all the part numbers listed below can be used in our trucks. But the newest one is 13598771. I like the new style because it seems to me the battery could be easily replaced. Let me know if you bought the new ones and if they work, I am planning to fix the TPMS soon on my 07 Tahoe.

OE (GM) INTERCHANGE PART NUMBERS:

2017-11-30-02.png 2017-12-04-13.png

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't bought anything yet because I haven't been able to determine for sure which is the "latest and greatest" version of OEM sensor that is compatible and isn't a risky knock-off. I've put it all on hold for now because it's not so much of a priority as other current expenses.

I didn't know any of them had replaceable batteries. Never saw a disassembled pic- Cool! I'll refer back to my notes and see where that part number fell. Thanks for the info and list of part numbers. The ones I had saved in my eBay Watch List are a different number than any of those: 23445327. If I jump on anything, I'll update here. Please report your findings if you beat me to it.

Last edited:

Ciro

Reaction score
I haven't bought anything yet because I haven't been able to determine for sure which is the "latest and greatest" version of OEM sensor that is compatible and isn't a risky knock-off. I've put it all on hold for now because it's not so much of a priority as other current expenses.

I didn't know any of them had replaceable batteries. Never saw a disassembled pic. Cool! I'll refer back to my notes and see where that part number fell. Thanks for the info. If I jump on anything, I'll update here. Please report your findings if you beat me to it.

Thanks for your help. I suppose I will be the one testing them and reporting back.

You are righ, any of them have replaceable batteries but these ones have just two contacts soldered to the PCB and the sensor seems easy to open, This kind of batteries are everywhere, you can buy them very cheap. So, I would try to replace the battery before changing the whole sensor, I even would try to add a battery holder in there so it can be easy next time. The problem with the old sensors is that they are glue together with some kind of black epoxy and it is very risky to try to open them. I am planning to play with my old sensors just to figure out if I can replace the battery as well.

2017-12-32-39.png 2017-12-36-40.png

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I suppose I will be the one testing them and reporting back.

You are righ, any of them have replaceable batteries but these ones have just two contacts soldered to the PCB and the sensor seems easy to open, This kind of batteries are everywhere, you can buy them very cheap. So, I would try to replace the battery before changing the whole sensor, I even would try to add a battery holder in there so it can be easy next time. The problem with the old sensors is that they are glue together with some kind of black epoxy and it is very risky to try to open them. I am planning to play with my old sensors just to figure out if I can replace the battery as well.

View attachment 181697 View attachment 181698

I'm sure you'll beat me to it. I never gave any thought to just trying to replace the battery. One of mine, the one that failed first, apparently came apart. I had a piece of plastic removed from inside the tire when I had them balanced a while back. So, I'll need at least one. I'll most likely wait to get 4 new ones for when I get new wheels. In the meantime, I should see if I can replace the batteries in my current ones and replace the one broken one with whatever's cheapest but functional. Maybe I can have a shop break the outer beads off the wheels for me so I can experiment with the sensors.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't bought anything yet because I haven't been able to determine for sure which is the "latest and greatest" version of OEM sensor that is compatible and isn't a risky knock-off.

Bought four new takeoffs from a guy on ebay. Must be a fleet manager of some kind. They are part number 13598771 and dated 10-16. They are made in the USA too! Look likes the ones in Post #13. Installed two of them the other day and work fine.

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought four new takeoffs from a guy on ebay. Must be a fleet manager of some kind. They are part number 13598771 and dated 10-16. They are made in the USA too! Look likes the ones in Post #13. Installed two of them the other day and work fine.

Very good info! Thank you!

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I hate the oem for my 08. Some reason you have to do the tpms relearn through the Dic. I have a tpms I Initializer tool that won't work with the oem. Half the time when trying to air up or down while trying to get them to register don't work.

If get to the second tire, pull the valve core out and wait for it to beep. Tire would be flat and won't beep. Then the whole procedure would time out and I'd get service tpms light.

Swapped out with after market sensors and they work with my initalizer tool. So I'm happy again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons