Have an '08? Replaced TPMS sensor(s)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off, let me say that I really tried to NOT make this thread. I Googled and searched many GM truck forums including this one but every search ended with dead links and more uncertainties.

I need new TPMS sensors and have found countless part numbers for what are supposedly all OEM sensors. I know GM seems to randomly change their part numbers for the exact same part but they also sometimes change designs/brands/suppliers/etc. for upgraded parts which get new part numbers. I THINK I have it narrowed down to the "latest and greatest" design that's supposed be a direct replacement for what originally came on the car but with a much improved lifespan. The part number I have is 13598771.

Most threads I find on this subject are people asking about their '07 models with totally different part numbers than what I'm finding for what originally came on my '08. The other threads are about how to program their new OEM and/or aftermarket sensors on '12 and '13+ models.

Are the '08s a one-year only design? Do any of you have an '08 and have replaced the sensors with good results? About the only sustained detail I found was that the OEM brand(s) sensors were the most reliable, so I'm really not interested in aftermarket parts.

PWMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got some tires from 4wheelparts and they included these tpms sensors for my 2008. I was going to try matching them tomorrow and I'll let you know if they work.

ORO-TEK TRUCK TPMS SENSOR OSC-0153B

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
About the only sustained detail I found was that the OEM brand(s) sensors were the most reliable, so I'm really not interested in aftermarket parts.

Too bad.....ya get whatcha get and you dont get upset..... NO OEM FOR YOU.......
Lololol....

Ps.... i know i didnt help you at all but its fun f'in with you.....:D

OP
OP
iamdub

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced my 07 with some after markets off amazon and had no issues.

How long have you had them? Have a link? Brand/model? I'm not totally opposed to aftermarket unless they're a brand/model/design that has a lot of negative feedback. Yet again, yours is an '07 and that seems to be a cutoff year for part numbers on these things.

I just got some tires from 4wheelparts and they included these tpms sensors for my 2008. I was going to try matching them tomorrow and I'll let you know if they work.

ORO-TEK TRUCK TPMS SENSOR OSC-0153B

I'll research that brand and part number. Thanks.

Too bad.....ya get whatcha get and you dont get upset..... NO OEM FOR YOU.......
Lololol....

Ps.... i know i didnt help you at all but its fun f'in with you.....:D

I'll stare at an orange light on my dash a while longer before I pay multiple times to have tires broken down again and again to swap out defective sensors. I just never thought finding solid leads on the good ones would be so difficult. It's like I'm one of the few that has an '08 and needs new sensors. Or maybe it's that the '07s had a crappier design so there's plenty of info on replacing them and the '09+ have the ones that last 8-10 years so they haven't gone bad yet.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long have you had them? Have a link? Brand/model? I'm not totally opposed to aftermarket unless they're a brand/model/design that has a lot of negative feedback. Yet again, yours is an '07 and that seems to be a cutoff year for part numbers on these things.

I'll research that brand and part number. Thanks.

I'll stare at an orange light on my dash a while longer before I pay multiple times to have tires broken down again and again to swap out defective sensors. I just never thought finding solid leads on the good ones would be so difficult. It's like I'm one of the few that has an '08 and needs new sensors. Or maybe it's that the '07s had a crappier design so there's plenty of info on replacing them and the '09+ have the ones that last 8-10 years so they haven't gone bad yet.

Ive said that before, ill pay more for tpms sensors if i knew they were guaranteed to a)-work and b)-last longer, because unlike parts that are easier to swap out if they are bad, even when new out of the box, not many of us have a tire machine at our disposal that we can just break them apart as opposed to swapping an alternator or some part thats just bolted on....just a pain in the ass to me....good luck on your search chrissy boo boo....... hahahlololol

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Contact a GM dealer for part numbers?

GMpartsdirect.com. ?

Do not rely on Amazon for hard-to-identify parts and part numbers. Amazon does not list or vet the listings. The sellers do, and the sellers are not necessarily diligent in making sure their references cross-match. I know this from having Amazon as a customer.

Keep us posted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC

Latest posts