Hatch Struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Shovel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
try to envision the pivot points and the length of both parts of the strut. longer struts have no place to go except bent or break the mounts . just my 2 cents

maybe back the car up onto blocks when you need the extra head room. lol

Yeah, I finally got off my lazy ass and inspected the hinges. They're nothing like my Excursion and appear to have tabs that would prevent the hatch from opening any further. Guess I'll just replace the worn out struts and learn to duck!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Yeah, I finally got off my lazy ass and inspected the hinges. They're nothing like my Excursion and appear to have tabs that would prevent the hatch from opening any further. Guess I'll just replace the worn out struts and learn to duck!

Order the Strong arm struts from liftsupportsdepot.com also, if you search a bit, there was a thread on here somewhere with someone who got stronger ones that fit..

OP
OP
S

Shovel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Order the Strong arm struts from liftsupportsdepot.com also, if you search a bit, there was a thread on here somewhere with someone who got stronger ones that fit..

Thanks for the heads up! I've used Strong Arm struts in the past and they have worked out great.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
X2 just replaced min with strong arm and they fling the hatch open lol.

Last choice is to get barn doors lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter