Hatch Struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shovel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm slightly annoyed how low the hatch is when completely opened. Besides lifting my Yukon, would longer hatch struts allow the hatch to open up higher for the taller crowd?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Don't be so damn tall lol, I'm 6' and it doesn't bother me.

Or replace the hatch for barn doors.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At 6'4 i`m used to ducking under almost everything so i just deal with it. But after replacing the struts the door lifts all the way open, With the old ones i had to push it up the last 2-3 inches.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At 6'4 i`m used to ducking under almost everything so i just deal with it. But after replacing the struts the door lifts all the way open, With the old ones i had to push it up the last 2-3 inches.
I'm also 6'4",and I have the same problem, but I haven't replaced the struts yet.

What seems to be the best struts to get?

OP
OP
S

Shovel

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I'm also 6'4",and I have the same problem, but I haven't replaced the struts yet.

What seems to be the best struts to get?

Yep, 6'4" here too. I bought longer struts for my Excursion, gained several inches of clearance, and therefore more brain cells. ;)

Was really hoping this was a common issue like the Excursion. Might just have to order some longer ones and see if it works out.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
. Might just have to order some longer ones and see if it works out.[/QUOTE]

try to envision the pivot points and the length of both parts of the strut. longer struts have no place to go except bent or break the mounts . just my 2 cents

maybe back the car up onto blocks when you need the extra head room. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon