Has anyone upgraded to the 2-way advanced remote?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Positives:

1. Gives you much longer range on all your remotes
2. Nice to have the display to confirm the auto start or locked doors when you across a big parking lot or in a building.
3. Gives you a countdown timer on the auto start.
4. Plus all the other features like Tire pressure and mileage read out is nice when you’re out of your vehicle

Negatives:

1. Does not inform you of alarm status
2. Unit is large and I do find myself using the original remote sometimes if I'm going to places I'm going to have to carry my keys the whole time.. Or if my wife is not with me to put them in her purse:signs8:
3. It does require dealer programming to install.

Bottom Line:

I think the pros outweigh the cons of the unit and I would buy it again if I got another Tahoe. Hope this helps.

Um, you forgot the PRICE as the first "Negative." LOL

OP
OP
snowjay

snowjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2. Unit is large and I do find myself using the original remote sometimes if I'm going to places I'm going to have to carry my keys the whole time.. Or if my wife is not with me to put them in her purse:signs8:

Would it be possible to get a photo of both remotes together for a size comparison?

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine cost $208 w/ my discount. Price is dependent on certain options on the truck.

It's about 50% bigger than the standard remote. It's 1.75" wide, 2.5" tall plus .5/8" for the antenna, and 5/8" thick.

It also tells fuel level & mileage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu