Has anyone upgraded to the 2-way advanced remote?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snowjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
19157233.jpg

What is involved in the upgrade?

Nfamous60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sum1 broughtthis up on another thread not sure of who it was but i think it was as far as it being worth the extra cash or not!! sure one of the others will chime in looks pretty cool though.

rahrens

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe everyone on the old forum had it installed. I think I paid about $60 for installation arranged by dealer. Cute toy. Most useful feature is being able to check if I locked vehicle after walking away. Also nice to remote start at a distance and know it started. I find the remote too big to carry in pants pocket though. It's a lot bigger than standard remote.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best features are the long distance remote start/feedback and checking lock status.

scottrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have a part # and cost for this.....i want it. can you get on ebay or gmpartsdirect etc for a good price??

OP
OP
snowjay

snowjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to GMPD and look under accessories, that's where I pulled that photo. I think it's more than just a remote and some thing needs to be installed and programmed in the truck to make them work.

Mgyver1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one thing I hate about that is that it does not alert you if the alarm is going off. You can change the radio station and check your tire pressure from the remote but it won't let you know if the alarm is going off. Real bright idea.

chadwick02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got it. Cant say as though I'm in love with it... The extended range is nice, thats for sure. Its big - much bigger than I thought it would be. And honestly, I dont care about the info it gives me (i thought it was cool...), except during the winter the count down timer for remote start is nice. After about 6 months ive gone back to my old stock remote and the 2 way sits at home as a spare... Also, every now and then I would sit on it wrong or somehow push the wrong combination of buttons and then it wouldnt work. A simple re-programming would fix it, but it was annoying, and I feel the programming was too easily deleted or changed. If I could go back and spend my 300 bucks on something else, I would have.

TN Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Positives:

1. Gives you much longer range on all your remotes
2. Nice to have the display to confirm the auto start or locked doors when you across a big parking lot or in a building.
3. Gives you a countdown timer on the auto start.
4. Plus all the other features like Tire pressure and mileage read out is nice when you’re out of your vehicle

Negatives:

1. Does not inform you of alarm status
2. Unit is large and I do find myself using the original remote sometimes if I'm going to places I'm going to have to carry my keys the whole time.. Or if my wife is not with me to put them in her purse:signs8:
3. It does require dealer programming to install.

Bottom Line:

I think the pros outweigh the cons of the unit and I would buy it again if I got another Tahoe. Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent