Has anyone tried this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdhawk

Reaction score
i wanted to retrofit a ram air intake to work with my existing cai. I was a little worried about water getting in. Any thoughts?

IMG_7782.JPG

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Volant or someone used to make the same thing for their kits. I really dont see how it would give you THAT much improvement over your current intake.

OP
OP
mdhawk

mdhawk

Reaction score
On the bottom of my fender there is a little hole cut in a plastic cover. I opened up the hole and noticed that I had more power while driving at slightly higher speeds. I figured it was from the air being pushed in, instead of being sucked in. It just made me wonder if anyone had good results from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Truly don't see how cutting a hole in the Cover brace would give you "more power" considering its under the vehicle. I think its a mirage in your brain. Possible that you hear the sound of more air, thinking its giving you more power but reality is its not.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Between the cost of the scoop and the risk of inhaling water, it's definitely not worth the extra HP or two you MAY gain at 70+ MPH.

OP
OP
mdhawk

mdhawk

Reaction score
That may be true but obviously they make a system like that for a reason. That's kinda why I was throwing it out there.

OP
OP
mdhawk

mdhawk

Reaction score
Truly don't see how cutting a hole in the Cover brace would give you "more power" considering its under the vehicle. I think its a mirage in your brain. Possible that you hear the sound of more air, thinking its giving you more power but reality is its not.
My thought on that was my cai is drawing air from that fender well. Thinking if the air was moving inside it would create better flow

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I have the Volant cai with the scoop. I put it in before all my engine mods, and giving it gas you'd really hear the air being sucked in, but now the Hoe is so loud, I can't hear it any more. Idk if it really adds anything substantial, but it is cool. I never had any issues with water being sucked in. I think there's a very small hole on the bottom of the scoop to address that. I'd say do it. Can't hurt. IMAG1317.jpg IMAG1322.jpg IMAG1318.jpg

OP
OP
mdhawk

mdhawk

Reaction score
I have the Volant cai with the scoop. I put it in before all my engine mods, and giving it gas you'd really hear the air being sucked in, but now the Hoe is so loud, I can't hear it any more. Idk if it really adds anything substantial, but it is cool. I never had any issues with water being sucked in. I think there's a very small hole on the bottom of the scoop to address that. I'd say do it. Can't hurt. View attachment 74781 View attachment 74783 View attachment 74785
I'm definitely going to do it. Hopefully soon I won't be able to hear mine either. Lol. Exhaust is on my "to do" list. Thanks for the pics.