Has anyone removed the front valance entirely?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DC_3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just curious. It seems that there's no real aerodynamic value to the big ol' honking valance.

There has been a lot of talk about replacing with a PPV model valance, but, has anyone actually tried to just straight-up remove it?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EDITED
I say do it. Mine, ~~Edit: THE PPV front Valence on my 15 suburban~~ is basically almost nothing.its for aesthetics only at this point. if You do it, take a picture and please reply to my sticky post under the exterior 2015 and up sub forum!

Last edited:

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That piece is definitely there for a reason, more-so than for aesthetics. It is for aerodynamics. Without it, you will get much more wind under the vehicle, in return making the aerodynamics suffer... possibly even at the cost of a mpg or so.

Etraeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only way to know for sure is to figure out fuel economy before, remove it, then figure out after economy. For a lifted vehicle like mine, the valance is worthless. We put a fab fours bumper on it anyway.

OP
OP
DC_3

DC_3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update:

Cannot take the Valance off without putting something back in its place. There is a small mismatch between the frame and the bumper that makes it look like something fell off the car. Now debating between cutting or replacing the piece.

Sorry I couldn't give good news.

In other news, a 1.5" leveling kit does wonders for a stock 4x4 '16 LTZ.

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I get a chance I'm just going to trim mine up as close as possible so it still looks decent. But I'm too cheap to buy a PPV one and install it.... when it seems like it can just be trimmed and shaped. But that's just me....

brknhal0

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have some pics of a self-trimmed valance that they would like to share?

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone already did. Look in the "Exterior Section" for front valance from PPV.