Has anyone relocated their rear view mirror?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Man you guys are nosy! LoL Fine fine, law enforcement reasons. Turns out I'm not going to lower it, I found another solution to my issue. I also noticed the way its mounted is kind of how my S2000 was mounted from factory

If it were being used for law enforcement wouldn’t it be a state/federally owned vehicle? They must have a mechanic that can fuss with it for you?

Hhmmmm, curiouser and curiouser...

OP
OP
GranPrix

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be necessarily government owned. When some departments have you waiting in line for a take-home vehicle due to seniority we are allowed to use our own for off-duties.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be necessarily government owned. When some departments have you waiting in line for a take-home vehicle due to seniority we are allowed to use our own for off-duties.

Now that the subject has shifted, why would you modify your personal vehicle for law enforcement off duty? You pulling people over in an S2K? :p

OP
OP
GranPrix

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that would be fun but very uncomfortable and a very surprised look on peoples faces when they get pulled over by an S. No my off-duty gig would be in the Tahoe.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cops are allowed to put lights in their personal vehicles and pull people over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GranPrix

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cops are allowed to put lights in their personal vehicles and pull people over?

That all depends on the department and their policies. Some do and some don't but for the most part a lot of departments don't allow it.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That all depends on the department and their policies. Some do and some don't but for the most part a lot of departments don't allow it.

So obviously your dept approves. If they require you to have it (or condone it at least) wouldn't their mech team be pretty adept at making the addition of lights for folks?

OP
OP
GranPrix

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, my tahoe will only be used for off-duties

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would you want lights in your personal vehicle... opening yourself to being a target. Opening yourself to liability. If you're off duty and you get called in, there is no reason to run code to go pick up your patrol car. If you get called in that much and it requires you to hastily respond, your agency needs to give you a car to take home.

While every state is different, I would definitely read up on the statutes of what defines an emergency vehicle. Just because some small department says they don't have a problem with it, doesn't mean that chief, or sheriff, has any clue what is legally ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe1844