Has anyone relocated their rear view mirror?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It must have been the technique if it fell off after using the right adhesive. After all it's how the manufacturer of windshields attach the mounts. They used to come without the mounts and I had to install them before installing the windshield. Never had one fall off that I installed. Don't use too much glue and make sure to clean both surfaces with alcohol. Also for some reason if a failure occurs once it's more likely to happen again if you're putting it back in the same place. It seems to contaminate the glass or something.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once, my mirror fell off of the windshield (mount and all) on my jeep. I used clear liquid 2-part epoxy on it and it's stayed on ever since through all of the hell I put it through. I did have to tape it in place until the epoxy set though...

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I've got the right adhesive and i'm going to lower it regardless. I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems of it falling off later on. I did this to my S2000 and it's fallen off twice using the proper adhesive.

Are you gonna tell us why you're moving it?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I've got the right adhesive and i'm going to lower it regardless. I was just wondering if anyone has had any problems of it falling off later on. I did this to my S2000 and it's fallen off twice using the proper adhesive.
It's all in the prep. Clean, clean, clean.

OP
OP
GranPrix

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Man you guys are nosy! LoL Fine fine, law enforcement reasons. Turns out I'm not going to lower it, I found another solution to my issue. I also noticed the way its mounted is kind of how my S2000 was mounted from factory

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Man you guys are nosy! LoL Fine fine, law enforcement reasons. Turns out I'm not going to lower it, I found another solution to my issue. I also noticed the way its mounted is kind of how my S2000 was mounted from factory

If it were being used for law enforcement wouldn’t it be a state/federally owned vehicle? They must have a mechanic that can fuss with it for you?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Nobody asked for your phone number or address... But, cmon.... Move the mirror down?! We gotta know! Lol