Has anyone modified their sunroof wind deflector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My favorite time to open the sunroof is in the fall and something that bothered me last year, is still present...the whistling from the deflector.
I have thought about removing it but know it is there for a reason. It seems to allow the infamous booming if held down.
I have wondered about perhaps lowering it 50% of the way with some ties.

Anyone modify theirs with positive results?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My favorite time to open the sunroof is in the fall and something that bothered me last year, is still present...the whistling from the deflector.
I have thought about removing it but know it is there for a reason. It seems to allow the infamous booming if held down.
I have wondered about perhaps lowering it 50% of the way with some ties.

Anyone modify theirs with positive results?

No but I've thought about it. Really cant drive over 30MPH with the roof open.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are those little airfoil things that you see on some long haul trucks (and on some ricer racers). I think that they are called air tabs but that deflector probably will not close with them on. Make your own? Just throwing out some ideas because I wish I had a sunroof!

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same dilemma... I can't open it with out that annoying whistling. I was ready to buy weathertech sunroof wind deflector but it requires 1.5" from the antenna to opening. Don't have it on my Denali.

Sgtduckyboy

Reaction score
I have an 06 Z71. If you crack the rear windows open an inch or so,, the sound is very quiet with teh sunroof open. it balances out the air pressure causing all the buffeting.

Kyle P

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2011 tahoe had a plastic flipup deflector from the factory similar to the wind screen on my 2016 yukon, I also hate the damn windscreen, Wondering if the plastic flip up could be used on the 16, I wouldnt think to much change could have been done on the sunroof set up. ?? Anyone have an input on that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989