Has anyone heard of or have a Pedal Commander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vegasmarc21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This Pedal Commander is a pedal sensor which replaces the stock pedal sensor and claims to take away the delay of the throttle response of the stock sensor. It also has the ability to adjust the sensitivity of the pedal response to suit your need of response, from Eco mode, City driving, sport mode, and sport plus mode. Has anybody heard of or have it for their vehicle????

It has hundreds of 5 start reviews on Amazon raving about how awesome it makes the responsiveness of the acceleration. Usually, a product on Amazon with this amount of great reviews means it is a great product. Here is the link:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...fDwQQFgglMAA&usg=AOvVaw2-iw30APQD3KrdTFpqmIpS

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, $300 to make your pedal respond faster but it doesn't add a single HP? I'm pretty sure you can mash the pedal faster than the engine can respond. I know I can, and I have a blower.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'd be more inclined to spend my money on a tune. Oh, wait.... ;-)

Indeed. Blackbear, or just about any decent tuner, can adjust the sensitivity of the throttle, as well as remove a lot of the torque management, along with many other nice adjustments. All for just a little more than that one module.

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just saw this thread. We offer the Pedal Commander, but let me explain why.

When I first heard of it, I honestly thought it was a gimmick, but even if it did do something, I really didn't think I needed or wanted one. You see, my toy is a '14 Raptor with a phase 2 Roush super charger, SW LT headers, 4:88 gears and custom tuned by JDM engineering. It is already an absolute beast on and offroad and I had no complaints about the current performance at the time.

Well, one after another, our loyal customers began asking for them, so I became a dealer just to offer what the customers wanted. As the weeks went by, sales increased and the positive feedback was astounding. So I decided to order one for myself to test it out and see first hand what the hype was all about and to see for myself if it made any real positive difference in any practical way. Let me say that I LOVE my Pedal Commander. For me, having 36 shift on the fly modes to choose from is awesome. Yes, any tuner like the folks at Black Bear can pretty easily change throttle response to fit the initial needs of the customer with their custom tunes. But what they can't do at this point is provide a way for the customer to change that throttle response in real time on the fly if they want to. I didn't fully understand why this mattered until I tried it for myself.

First, after installation, I took it out and on semi-flat ground rolling at 30mph with light throttle to maintain speed, I began changing the modes/levels. The difference in the reaction of the truck with the same input to the pedal was immediately apparent. It actually blew my mind how big a difference it made. In the highest setting of Sport+ +4, in traffic in town, my truck is almost unmanageable. With the lightest throttle input it wants to take off and run. I have to turn it down anytime I am in heavy traffic. Eco mode has gained me right at 1.5mpg on trips and that is saying something in my truck. But where I personally got the best experience with mine was offroad. I like to drift corners in the dirt and the ability to have darn near 100% throttle at the top of the pedal has provided a lot more control over the torque steer in the dirt.

That being said, I now consider it a perfect compliment to any vehicle, whether it is mildly or wildly built, it just offers the driver that much more control of their own driving experience. Since becoming a dealer eight months ago, we have averaged selling 40-50 of them per month and sold over 130 of them in November with Black Friday, etc. Of those sold, we had two units that were bad out of the box that were replaced overnight and no issues after that. We have also had folks order more than one so they have them in their other vehicles as well. I personally have been impressed with the lack of issues overall.

OP
OP
Vegasmarc21

Vegasmarc21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saw this thread. We offer the Pedal Commander, but let me explain why.

When I first heard of it, I honestly thought it was a gimmick, but even if it did do something, I really didn't think I needed or wanted one. You see, my toy is a '14 Raptor with a phase 2 Roush super charger, SW LT headers, 4:88 gears and custom tuned by JDM engineering. It is already an absolute beast on and offroad and I had no complaints about the current performance at the time.

Well, one after another, our loyal customers began asking for them, so I became a dealer just to offer what the customers wanted. As the weeks went by, sales increased and the positive feedback was astounding. So I decided to order one for myself to test it out and see first hand what the hype was all about and to see for myself if it made any real positive difference in any practical way. Let me say that I LOVE my Pedal Commander. For me, having 36 shift on the fly modes to choose from is awesome. Yes, any tuner like the folks at Black Bear can pretty easily change throttle response to fit the initial needs of the customer with their custom tunes. But what they can't do at this point is provide a way for the customer to change that throttle response in real time on the fly if they want to. I didn't fully understand why this mattered until I tried it for myself.

First, after installation, I took it out and on semi-flat ground rolling at 30mph with light throttle to maintain speed, I began changing the modes/levels. The difference in the reaction of the truck with the same input to the pedal was immediately apparent. It actually blew my mind how big a difference it made. In the highest setting of Sport+ +4, in traffic in town, my truck is almost unmanageable. With the lightest throttle input it wants to take off and run. I have to turn it down anytime I am in heavy traffic. Eco mode has gained me right at 1.5mpg on trips and that is saying something in my truck. But where I personally got the best experience with mine was offroad. I like to drift corners in the dirt and the ability to have darn near 100% throttle at the top of the pedal has provided a lot more control over the torque steer in the dirt.

That being said, I now consider it a perfect compliment to any vehicle, whether it is mildly or wildly built, it just offers the driver that much more control of their own driving experience. Since becoming a dealer eight months ago, we have averaged selling 40-50 of them per month and sold over 130 of them in November with Black Friday, etc. Of those sold, we had two units that were bad out of the box that were replaced overnight and no issues after that. We have also had folks order more than one so they have them in their other vehicles as well. I personally have been impressed with the lack of issues overall.
I'm getting one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN