Harsh ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anybody think their 15-17 rides a little harsh? What did you do about it?

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually the reason I decided to move up to either a Denali or Escalade was for the magnetic ride suspension. Though some LTZ Subs apparently had it as an option, I also wanted the 6.2 and 8 speed transmission which is only available on those two models. This all came about after having renting a new generation and driving on the highway at speeds well above what it felt like I was doing. The power was ample and the ride was so smooth.

Now I will grant you that going over bumps and the like, even in tour mode does seem a bit stiff, but for highway driving and towing, you cannot beat it.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anybody think their 15-17 rides a little harsh? What did you do about it?

Lots of owners do and you’ll find plenty of posts on here about it. Hopefully it’s something GM addresses with the upcoming redesign.

Running 3-5lbs lower tire pressure makes a big difference on my suburban z71, but it’s got 18’s so a lot of sidewall to soak up the bumps. Not sure how well that would work with 20’s or larger wheels.

There are threads about bypassing the MRC, take a look at those to see if it’s worked for anyone.

DwDrummer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 16 Escalade had a harsh ride and could feel every bump, joint, and crack in the road. Absolutely ridiculous for a $85K vehicle. And then add in the vibration issue they could never figure out on our truck.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of owners do and you’ll find plenty of posts on here about it. Hopefully it’s something GM addresses with the upcoming redesign.

Running 3-5lbs lower tire pressure makes a big difference on my suburban z71, but it’s got 18’s so a lot of sidewall to soak up the bumps. Not sure how well that would work with 20’s or larger wheels.

There are threads about bypassing the MRC, take a look at those to see if it’s worked for anyone.

Wow, hard to believe there are those who wish to bypass one of the features that make an SUV handle so well. I have stock 22's and while I feel the bumps, it is an SUV afterall.
I just wonder if people are expecting too much from a huge heavy truck, and wanting them to ride like an Acura luxury car.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 16 Escalade had a harsh ride and could feel every bump, joint, and crack in the road. Absolutely ridiculous for a $85K vehicle. And then add in the vibration issue they could never figure out on our truck.

So what was your solution?

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, hard to believe there are those who wish to bypass one of the features that make an SUV handle so well. I have stock 22's and while I feel the bumps, it is an SUV afterall.
I just wonder if people are expecting too much from a huge heavy truck, and wanting them to ride like an Acura luxury car.

No doubt some people have unrealistic expectations of a full-size BOF solid rear axle vehicle. But a better compromise could likely have been had. Yes you should feel bumps but it doesn’t need to be as harsh as it is on many variations of this generation.

Csurp

Reaction score
My 2017 Tahoe LT with tow package rides great but in a truck way. It turns a lot quicker than my 2002 F-350 Lariat with the front leaf springs did.

No matter the price, these are still body on frame trucks not luxury vehicles.

I have no experience with the magnetic ride.

Csurp

Reaction score

How does that lower air pressure affect your mileage?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011