Handheld tuner and AFM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steve34459

Reaction score
I purchased a range plugin for now. I figure the sooner I disable the AFM the better

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

sooner the better is correct, a 6.2L 2010 had broken/failed lifters 2x in 15 months. Too bad we werent aware of the AFM deletes.

chilleblanco36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't think the 6.2L had AFM

chilleblanco36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may be right. I'm new to all this.

chilleblanco36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to disable AFM and use a tuner. I would prefer a handheld self programming module.
Have looked into the Blackbear, Diablo, Superchips and more...

Currently considering the following:

Superchips
http://superchips.com/shop/f5-gm-flashpaq

Edge EVO
http://edgeproducts.com/products/gm-evoht2-26040/

Hypertech Max Energy
http://www.hypertech.com/products-results.aspx

Any active or past users?

I have an 09 Yukon With 191k miles daily 50+.
Can anyone vouch for either of these mentioned besides BB. I'm going to get that tuned just not right now. Anything else really noticeable or should I know about the Range unit? Any known members that used the Range for a good while now?

chilleblanco36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my Range plugin today. Can't wait to see if the drive is different

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Got my Range plugin today. Can't wait to see if the drive is different

If you have aftermarket exhaust it should be very noticeable... When I turned AFM back on (for testing purposes due to a different issue I was having) it drove me nuts everytime it went into 4 cyl mode because it sounded like something was wrong with the truck.

chilleblanco36

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not. All stock. I will say I like the way it drives now. I can only imagine what a good time would feel like

steve34459

Reaction score
I do not. All stock. I will say I like the way it drives now. I can only imagine what a good time would feel like

Sounds promising. Been trying to convince the owner of a yukon 6.2L that this is a way to go if they want to avoid a 3rd lifter/cam repair.

sfc_jones

Reaction score
After reading alot about disabling AFM I have reached the conclusion that the best way is to remove the crap and delete it out of the motor. Tuning it out still has the same problem. I went to Texas Speed Performance and got a DOD Delete with cam. HP tuners will do the tuning for me. I expect to gain almost 50 rwhp and with the high milage I have I can expect another 150k on this motor as long as I don't beat it up. I have EFI Live that I use on my Duramax so I might just get another license and tune it that way....something to think about, Anyway this is my plan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent